Natrevibe Botanicals Organic Lemongrass Powder, 8 ounces | Non-GMO and Gluten Free | Antioxidant Properties | Supports Immunity System
►Lemongrass is a popular herb for cooking and it is used in a wide range of food recipes. It’s common in Asian foods and found most often in Thai cuisine. ►Since it is rather fibrous and can even be woody, it’s best when finely minced. Similar to bay leaves, if you use larger pieces, remove
(as of April 19, 2020 7:39 pm EDT - Details)
►Lemongrass is a popular herb for cooking and it is used in a wide range of food recipes. It’s common in Asian foods and found most often in Thai cuisine.
►Since it is rather fibrous and can even be woody, it’s best when finely minced. Similar to bay leaves, if you use larger pieces, remove them before serving.
►Lemongrass tea can be a delicious beverage that also offers health benefits. In addition to drinking lemongrass as a tea, people can add the herb into dishes such as soups and stir fries. When cooking with lemongrass, you can use fresh, dried, or powdered leaves.
►Lemongrass is a very nice complement to chicken and seafood. Try it in recipes like roasted lemongrass chicken, which has a sweet lime sauce, or the zesty Thai lemon-lime shrimp.
►Lemongrass also adds an excellent flavor to sauces. From the white wine and lemongrass sauce used for mussels to a simple lemongrass-ginger sauce for your favorite seafood or fish, it’s sure to give your dish a great zing.
- Lemongrass is an herb that is native to Sri Lanka and South India but now grows in many countries around the world. The plant’s stalks are a common ingredient in Asian cooking, but it is also possible to brew lemongrass to make tea.
- The plant has long leaves that are similar to those of seagrasses. While an estimated 55 species of lemongrass exist, only the East Indian and West Indian varieties are suitable for use in cooking.
- Many people find sipping hot tea to be relaxing, but lemongrass tea may offer further anxiety-reducing properties. Smelling lemongrass may help people with anxiety. Inhale lemongrass essential oil to relieve stress and anxiety
- In many countries where the lemongrass plant is native to the area, people will take the lemongrass stalks and chew on them as a way to improve dental health and keep the mouth feeling clean.
- Drinking lemongrass tea infusions daily for 30 days can increase hemoglobin concentration, packed cell volume, and red blood cell count in the body.