24 hr Z-Ration MRE (FSR) 1st Insp.Date 2020 – 2022 / NEW Z-Ration Zombie MRE line! (Menu 9: 24 hr Z-Ration)
‘The First Strike Ration (FSR) is a compact, eat-on-the-move ration designed for use during initial periods of highly intense, highly mobile combat operations. The FSR is significantly reduced in weight & size and enhances consumer consumption, nutritional intake, and mobility. The development of the FSR came from the fact that prior to deployment, soldiers would
‘The First Strike Ration (FSR) is a compact, eat-on-the-move ration designed for use during initial periods of highly intense, highly mobile combat operations. The FSR is significantly reduced in weight & size and enhances consumer consumption, nutritional intake, and mobility. The development of the FSR came from the fact that prior to deployment, soldiers would “field strip” their MREs. Field stripping involves removing all the excess MRE packaging and unwanted items – bags, boxes, heaters, extra spoons, accessory packs, etc. Creative field stripping could reduce 3 MREs – one day’s worth – down to the same size as a single MRE. While this practice reduced the soldier’s load by only packing the most critical MRE parts, it also led to increased waste and a reduced consumption of food. A single FSR, which is 24 hours worth of food, is approximately 50% the size and weight of three MREs. 1 FSR = around 2,900 calories ….. 3 MRE’s = around 3,800 calories As designed, all the components of an FSR can be eaten with little or no preparation. Pocket sandwiches, applesauce, energy bars, crackers, peanut butter, and beef jerky can be eaten as is while drinks can be mixed with water and consumed directly from their pouches. FSR Facts: First Strike Ration Cases Calories: ~2,900 per ration Protein: 15% Carbohydrates: 53% Fat: 34% Shelf life: minimum 2 years at 80º Fahrenheit (from mreinfo.com)’
- 24 hr Z-Rations (Zombie MRE) Menus 1 – 10!
- The entrées 1st Inspection Dates: 2020 – 2022! Freshest Available! We ran out of several prepackaged/standard FSR’s, so I have managed to source the primary components to custom package them ourselves. View Images to see what was in the original FSR and what comes in our repackaged 24 hr Z-Rations. These will be packaged in our own Red mylar packaging and will include a new Flameless Ration Htr (which the original FSR’s do not).
- Perfect for Zombie Hunters, preppers, campers, hikers and any long term food storage advocates! Now you can survive the Zombie Apocalypse in style with your very own unique First Strike Z-Ration (Zombie MRE) with military grade components sourced and packaged in our own mylar pouches. These make great gifts as well!
- NOTE: the original / military FSR’s have 9 different menu’s. We have added a 10th menu “Breakfast/Brunch” which can be purchased alone but makes a great complement to any of the other 9 menus as well!
- (Note: the wet pack fruit is not a military grade component & is sourced locally) We reserve the right to substitute a menu item from time to time based on availability. We will send you a note in this case.